AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rockin Around the Christmas Tree at the Christmas Party FLOP...


Sarah in the cutest little Christmas dress that my mom made for my sister Rebecca many years ago...


All bundled up at Stone Mountain


Carriage ride at The Avenue


Showing off her Christmas grin


Trying to sit in the tiny basket...

We tried taking Sarah to Jeremy's choir Christmas party last Wednesday and it was a total disaster. First she wanted to run around in between people and around and around a house full of candles, which made me really paranoid. It was probably a funny sight to see Sarah running circles and me running them behind her :-) Then all of the running sent her into a major coughing spasm (she had been sick with a bad cold/cough). The coughing spasm made her upset and then she was just plain angry. When food started to fly, we decided it was time to call it a night and we headed home. We were only at the party 30 minutes. Oh, well-there's always next year (and I think we'll get a baby-sitter)!

My friend Leslie was asking me the other day if Sarah could carry on a conversation with us yet. Here's a cute one from this morning:

(Sarah and I are sitting on the couch, and Jeremy walks into the room)
Sarah: Daddy! Sit. (pats the couch next to her)
Daddy: Do you want me to sit here?
Sarah: OK. Here. Barney!

She has recently started telling us "ok." She will ask for more, we will say something like, "oh, you want more?", and then she will say "ok," as if we were the ones recommending "more" in the first place. It's very cute.

We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and I'm sure many stories and pictures are coming next week!

2 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Conversations are so much fun...it just gets better!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, my gosh--this girl has gotten SO verbal during this vacation! We are really going to have to start watching what we say, watch, and do around her! :-)