AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It!








It's been a fun couple of weeks! This weekend we had a little graduation party for Jeremy. Several of his friends from work came and a few other friends, and it was so much fun to see all of the kids playing in the driveway. We had 5 kids here ranging from 6 months to 3 years. Sarah's toys really got a workout, and thankfully, she was OK with the idea of sharing. She was too busy eating Doritos anyway :-)

On Sunday afternoon we hung out at home and just relaxed. Sarah looks so grown up in her "big girl chair" with her "big girl water bottle." I can't believe she's almost 2! During the past couple of weeks she has really taken off with the "princess" idea. She will let you wash her hair in the tub if you tell her to wash her hair like a princess, and she LOVES to go get a new princess pull-up each morning. Her favorite for now is Cinderella, and if she's not asking to watch Barney, she's asking to watch "Cin-rella." She's also still bossy. For example, yesterday I was sitting in the computer chair looking at some papers while she watched tv. She came over to me, told me "hold you," and then as soon as I picked her up, she told me to "get up." Then she told me to "sit down couch Sarah." Basically, she can't do anything without one of us doing the same thing with her. Ughh!

After recording the perfect video of Sarah singing "If You're Happy and You Know It" a couple of weeks ago, I proceeded to record over it before uploading it to the computer--oops. So then I spent several more days trying to capture the moment again, but it just didn't happen. The clips in the video are takes #100 and 103. Just kidding....but they're not as good as the first one. However, my absolute favorite video of Sarah ever is the clip where she is laughing at the hopping toy bunny on the floor. What a laugh!

Finally, this was too funny not to write about: on Friday we were sitting in the driveway eating popsicles, and I took Sarah's shirt off so she wouldn't make a mess on it. The next thing out of Sarah's mouth was, pointing at ME, "take your shirt off." HA! Yeah, right, Sarah!

4 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Too cute, yes the hopping bunny is quite funny! So sorry again that we didn't make it to Jeremy's party. I'm glad all of you had a great time.

Caroline G said...

She looks like such a big girl sitting in the chair with the water bottle.

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Where did you get the Sarah sized tailgating chair?

Elizabeth said...

Wally world! Funny story though--when I bought it, before Sarah was even born, I thought I was buying an adult-sized one and I gave it to Jeremy for his birthday or Christmas or something, then we realized it was petite! :-)