AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mommy is Sick


Poor Mommy. I thought I caught Sarah's cold/cough when I started coughing right before taking Sarah to the doctor for her ear infection. Then Tuesday I had a fever to add to the cough by the time I got home from work. By Wednesday, I had a cough, fever of 103, muscle aches, a headache, and dizziness. I went to the doctor and found out my heart rate was also high, and then I proceeded to throw up as soon as I got home, so I had just about every symptom you could imagine. The doctor hinted that I MAY have the flu, but she didn't really say. She just said to come back if I got worse. A few days went by, and I didn't really seem to get worse OR better. We called the doctor back Friday and the office re-prescribed the same cough medicine they had given me on Wednesday--oops. Then by Saturday evening I was feeling really really bad, and my back had a really bad pain everytime I breathed. I couldn't take it anymore. We called the doctor and she said to go to the ER since my heart was still beating fast. So off we went, and I guess a fast heart rate will get you in quick (thankfully only 5 minutes in the waiting room!). As it turned out, I had/have pneumonia. They ended up keeping me in the hospital on IV antibiotics and fluids until Monday afternoon. Now I am home taking oral antibiotics and resting for the rest of the week. Hopefully I will be all better and ready for work next Tuesday (yay for another holiday on Monday!). What an ordeal! I did get some really pretty flowers from my school, so I must share the picture :-)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Elizabeth!! That is no good. I'm glad you're on the road to getting better. And Sarah too. Did Sarah give you the card she made for you at my house on Saturday?!