AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Woollen Family Reunion

We went to Old Fort, NC over the weekend for a family reunion with Jeremy's mom's side of the family. We stayed in this really NEAT OLD house called Round Knob Lodge. It was built sometime around 1900 and was used as a place for railroad men to stay (often with "lady friends" but wives were not typically invited if you catch my drift). Now it is just a place people can rent out. Anway, the house was about the neatest house I have ever seen with all of its old nooks and crannies. It even had its own old-timey elevator, not suitable for those who are claustrophobic. There was a pool there, so Sarah got to go swimming for the first time. I think she had a good time, although she really wasn't too sure about the whole situation. We all had fun throwing Jeremy a birthday fiesta on Saturday night, and my pinata was a hilarious hit with everyone--we laughed so hard we almost cried! Sarah did a GREAT job sharing a room with Jeremy and me, and she even slept all night all three nights we were there. One night she had some small drama---I left her in the room to fall asleep while I went upstairs to eat dinner with everyone else. We were all listening to her babble to herself FOREVER on the baby monitor, and finally I decided to go check on her and see why she was in such a great mood despite being all by herself in the crib for so long without falling asleep. As it turned out, she had gotten ahold of one of Jeremy's birthday cards and had spent the better part of an hour tearing it up and eating it! What fun! That girl is always looking for some mischief! On Sunday I went with some of the family to the Biltmore House and left Sarah at the lodge to play with daddy and Paw-Paw. Enjoy the slideshows--now that summer is here maybe I will have more time to be creative on the blog.






0 comments: