AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Party Like It's 1999!




What a busy weekend! Thursday night, I hosted a fun Southern Living Party and had tons of fun. Friday night, Jeremy and I dropped Sarah off at Nana's house and went downtown to my 10 year high school reunion--what a strange, fun night! It was really weird to see people you haven't seen or talked to in 10 years. I didn't really know what to say to anyone since I pretty much haven't kept up with anyone from high school, and as much as I tried to be outgoing, I was still fairly shy. Thank goodness Jeremy was there with me! It made me feel like I should have done a better job at keeping in touch with people on facebook! Awkwardness and all, it was a fun grown-up evening. Excuse me while I brag, but here is the list of things Jeremy and I won during the raffle drawings:
-4 tickets to the Georgia Aquarium
-Family Four pack bowling special
-4 discount rock-climbing tickets
-1 free personal training session (I think it may be in-home!)
-2 tickets to the High Museum of Art

We really scored big on the prizes! It definitely covered the cost of our evening and more! Saturday morning, I had to be up bright and early (4 am!) to go to my last class ever for LMU! Now that that's over, I now officially have my Ed.S degree in Educational Administration and Supervision. For now, I plan to stick with a traditional teaching job, though ;-) I'm looking forward to relaxing this week and enjoying every minute with Sarah before work starts back next week. Since Sarah will be at school with me, though, hopefully I won't feel as guilty about leaving her everyday. Pray that she doesn't flip out when she sees me at work and realizes that I am there all day but that I can't play with her! Today, we went up to Athens to swim at the Anderson's condo. Sarah, of course, wanted to hang out on the steps and do everything from "going under" (up to her mouth) and "floating" (attempting to lie on her back on the top step) "all by herself." On a side note, today I saw our new neighbors moving in across the street, and I have been spying a little bit. It looks like they have a little girl around Sarah's age and a little boy who is maybe one. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Sarah will have some new playmates her age on our street and that mommy and daddy will have some new neighbor friends, too!

1 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

Y'all looked great at the reunion! I hope your neighbors are awesome b/c it makes everything about living in a small house so worthwhile b/c you never want to move from your friends. Best of luck...do a little more spying :)