AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

More Hawaii Pictures


Sarah LOVED the mini bananas (apple bananas) at the Kona plantation, and she ate 2-3 per day


Sarah and Nana both love the pool!


The whole group (27 people)--I think this pic turned out great considering how many of us there were!


Sarah with Grandpa and Durscherl (my dad's parents). My grandpa is about to turn 92! She was tired of waiting at the restaurant but we needed a picture...




We made it home from Hawaii on Monday morning, and slowly but surely, we are adjusting back to our time zone. The trip home was rough--we went from Kona to Honolulu Sunday morning and then from Honolulu to Atlanta Sunday afternoon (but it was Monday morning when we arrived here). Sarah was very wired, active, and cranky for the first half of the plane ride home to Atlanta. Jeremy and I were about to have a nervous breakdown dealing with her, I think. After much consideration, little sleep, and no energy, we did resort to giving Sarah just a tiny bit of Benadryl halfway through the trip (I think it was something like 1/4 of a dose for someone her size or something small like that!)--whether or not that had any effect, she did fall asleep shortly afterwards and slept the rest of the way home (total 3.5 hours). I even got to watch a movie on the plane (although I was so tired most of it was all a blur)! Overall, I think Sarah did a fabulous job on the vacation and had a super time at the beach and pool. I enjoyed myself as well, and our family was very helpful in giving Jeremy and me much needed time off during the trip. Jeremy says he is not taking children younger than 10 on a trip like that again--we'll see :-) I do not regret taking Sarah on this one since it was a big family reunion trip, but if Jeremy and I ever go on a trip without the rest of the extended family, Sarah can definitely stay home! :-)

I put some of this group of pictures on a slideshow because it was much easier than posting them all one by one (and much less space). I did have to post my favorites by themselves, though :-)

1 comments:

Leslie Gilbreath said...

What fun...I really like the pic of Jeremy and Sarah looking off into the water